WE ARE THE
Past, Present & Future of the magi
Free Church of the Magi is a free church 26 U.S.C. 508 (c)(1)(A) headquartered in the USA
Who were the MAGI (aka Wise Men) as mentioned in the Book of Matthew 2 : 1-12?
The mysterious and powerful Magi, depicted in the 'Christmas story' as the three wise men, were scientists, healers, astrologers, mathematicians, alchemists, theologians, philosophers, polymaths, and spiritual seekers from all walks of life.
They were not 'Christians', since the 'Christ child' was only a baby at the time. (FYI: Christ means 'anointed one') Most likely the Magi would have fallen under the title of "Chaldeans'' (possibly Zoroastrian priests). Chaldeans are mentioned throughout the old and new testaments, and would have traveled in large caravans so there were more than three as mentioned in the Biblical account.
'Magi' is where we get the word 'magician' and 'magick'.
Many of these brilliant nomadic magicians often sustained themselves as merchants and dealt in rare antiquities, which explains why they were in possession of the rare and expensive items they gifted to the Christ child (gold, frankincense and myrrh.) These are also very important items used in ceremonial magick.
Although these men were often 'above the laws of the land', they bowed in the Christ child's presence because of their deeper understanding of the ancient prophecies regarding the coming of a savior to the world. They understood the signs and knew he was the promised King of the Jews, Messiah and Savior of the world.
The Magi were directed by King Herod to locate Jesus Christ. Herod ruled the territory with Roman approval. He commanded the wise men, by royal edict, to return to his palace with information on the Christ-child so they could kill the child so he would never overthrow his throne and political powers. The Magi rejected this royal command and, in essence, defied the laws of the land. Instead, they committed themselves to a higher law to protect the innocent child and to honor the most high God. They left Christ in safety without disclosing his location and journeyed back to their own lands by another route so they could leave unseen. (Matthew 2:12.)
Even today we have wise seekers who are talented in the craft at many levels, and from all walks of life. They use many modalities of magick just as the wise magicians of days past. The wise magi today also often live 'above the laws of the land' and they are the protectors of human liberty. They follow higher law and have kept secret the location of the anointed for their protection.
Many corrupted church organizations exist that do the opposite work Christ set into motion; to make us FREE. Many have become bondmen to the church and to the lower laws; ceasing to seek, ceasing to think, and ceasing to be free. As we enter the age of awakening, the consciousness of the anointed is being restored to FREE humanity from their bonds of ignorance and the dogmas of despots.
The balance and the magick is being restored. WE are the Magi, and we follow the higher laws, above the laws of the land; 'for our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against spiritual wickedness in high places'. Ephesians 6:12
We have weekly services.
To attend, see our calendar of live services here.
Hebrews 13:3: "Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body."
- If you know of someone that has a family member or friend in prison, ask them if it would be okay if we sent Chick tracts, letters of encouragement, and books to their family member or friend. Incarceration is a traumatic experience for so many people. Many people begin to look to God for deliverance when they are imprisoned. Let us help these lost souls find their way back to light.
- Get us a name, prison number, name of the prison, and the address. We can send course materials to people in prison because they will come directly from the publisher. If you would like to support the prison ministry specifically please specify in your donation notes.
- Psalm 23:4 reads, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Incarceration can be incredibly lonely, a very dark experience to pass through. We hope to bring light back into lives who walk through the shadow of death.
- Psalm 145:18 reads, "The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth." Sometimes prison is the very thing than brings someone to their knees to call upon the Lord. Even the prisoner can find peace who calls honestly upon their creator for forgiveness and peace.
- Psalm 118:5-6 reads. "I called upon the Lord in distress: the Lord answered me, and set me in a large place. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?" Often, people are surrounded by unfriendly people in prison. It is at this time that some turn to God for friendship and fellowship. Our ministry can give hope that there are still good praying for them rather than preying on them.
- James 1:12 reads, "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." Learning to overcome the temptations to do evil brings life and light into the soul! We hope empower with the crown of life that faith in the forgiveness God brings.
- Proverbs 28:13 reads, "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." Acknowledgement of ones sins, and taking ownership of ones mistakes to make restitution is the true path of repentance. Whosoever is honest with oneself and others about their weaknesses finds strength in forgiveness of past error.
- In Genesis 39-40: Joseph who was sold into Egypt spent several years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. Although unjustly imprisoned, his positive attitude in prison led to his rise to become the most powerful man in Egypt, second only to Pharaoh, because of his faith and dedication to doing good even in dark places. Prison is a dark place, and some people rise from their bonds as powerful liberators to others who have been imprisoned. Light will liberate the captive.
© Copyright Free Church of the Magi